You will be surprised by how much acidity you take into your body every day. There are a lot of common foods that contain acids and acidifying elements such as meat, cereals, and sugars. In fact, our favorite beverages are soda drink, coffee, and tea. However, foods that help to neutralize the acidity in our bodies such as vegetables and fruits are less consumed.
This will lead to the fact that our body will be too acidic. This, in turn, leads to other much more severe health problems such as nausea, poor sleep, headaches and constant fatigue.
You are concerned about the level of pH in your body and want to learn how to alkalize your body effectively? Just scroll down for more information on these problems.
What is alkalizing?
To understand about alkalizing, you should first get to know about the level of pH in your body. Like everything else – soil, water, animals and plants, our body can be measured by the scale of the pH level. This measurement shows the amount of hydrogen iron in a particular body. A pH number which is below 7 is acidic, a pH number of 7 neutral and a pH number above seven are considered alkaline.
Our body should be more alkaline rather than acidic. In fact, we are born with the low level of acidity. But over time, with our unhealthy diet, we tend to consume more acidic food and drink, leading to our body is too acidic. The ideal pH number of our body should be from 7.3 to 7.45.
The act of alkalizing our body means that we will eat and follow some activities to regulate and maintain that ideal pH level.
Why is alkalizing so important to your body?
Alkalizing your body to maintain the pH level inside it at around 7.3 to 7.45, you can get a lot of health benefits.
First of all, the ideal pH level in your body helps to maintain the proper blood sugar level and cholesterol levels.
Secondly, alkalizing helps to bring a more sufficient and effective function of the heart and circulatory system.
Other parts of your body such as bones, digestive system, and immune systems are also improved once you maintain a healthy level of acidity.
Your mental health is also improved when you alkalize your body. As a result, you will be more focused and alert. Alkalizing your body also helps to reduce the risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
Are you too acidic? Check those signs and symptoms
If you are suffering from one or two more symptoms listed below, it could indicate a high level of acidity in your body:
- Tend to sweat a lot, and your skin becomes itchy in those sweaty areas.
- Want to eat more and more salt.
- Find it difficult to breathe, and your breaths are short and shallow.
- Urinate more than usual.
- Cannot sleep.
- Get frequent leg cramps and spasms.
- Feel less energetic and encounter constant fatigue.
- Have acidic saliva.
- Some parts of your body such as teeth, nails, and hair show unhealthy signs. Your teeth feel painful when you eat acidic foods, your nails can be broken easily, and your hair looks dull.
Here are some tips on how to alkalize your body
Make sure you exercise every day. Just simply go for a walk, and your body could be able to transport the acidic waste products out of your body.
Take deep breaths frequently. If it is possible, you should do so at a place which is clean and fresh, especially in a place full of plants and trees. You should try your best to stay away from a place which is full of chemicals from air fresheners or so.
Follow a healthy diet which is full of vegetables and greens. Also, you should eat less meat and as little of sugar and sugary foods as possible. Other types of acidic foods you should try to minimize in your diet are rice, coffee, alcoholic drinks, and cheeses. You should also avoid eating processed and fast foods.
Eating properly is the key factor in determining if your body is alkalized. You should eat both acidic foods and alkaline food. Some alkaline foods should consist 80 % of your diet while some acidic foods should consist 20 % of your diet.
Drink a lot of water.
Control and reduce your stress levels. Try to learn how to balance work, family and time for your own. You can also take part in various stress relieving activities- yoga and meditation, to name just a few.
You can also use several types of essential oils to help you alkalize your body. Some of the most common types are lemon oil, lavender oil.
- You can add 8 to 10 drops of lavender essential oil into a warm bath with Epsom salts and baking soda to create an alkaline bath. Soak yourself in this bath for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can add 1 or 2 drops of lemon essential oils into a cup of water and drink it in the morning. Make sure that the oil you are going to take in is ingestible. Having a drink from lemon essential oil is better than squeezing a lemon into a drink as the former doesn’t bring in any dental health like the latter.
Types of foods for alkalizing your body
- Many people might think that lemon is acidic and will add more acid to your body. The truth is totally the opposite. Lemon, in fact, helps metabolize acidity in your body and when mixed with water and baking soda. Drink a cup of this drink every morning.
- Organic apple cider vinegar. This is another great drink to alkalize your body. Just add two tablespoons into a cup of water and drink every day.
- Foods that are rich in alkaline minerals (such as calcium and magnesium) including vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale and spinach), sprouts and fruits. Also, it’s best to eat some kinds of nuts and seeds such as almonds and quinoa. You should choose almonds which are raw and contain no salt.
- Garlic, spices, and herbs such as cinnamon and ginger.
- Foods are rich in potassium including bananas, honey and of course, lemon.
- Green powders such as spirulina and chlorella.
- Coconut does not only alkalize your body effectively, but it also brings many other health benefits, including enhancing the immune system and improving digestion. There are several ways in which you can enjoy this wonderful product. You can drink coconut milk, eat coconut meat and cook various dishes with coconut oil.
Overall, alkalizing your body is very important to maintain a good health and avoid unwanted health problems. There are a lot of things you can do to alkalize your body. For instance, it’s good to eat a lot of alkaline foods including greens, vegetables, and fruits, which are lemons and bananas, broccoli, cabbage, kale, and spinach. You should also avoid sugary and processed foods. Also, you should follow a healthy lifestyle including exercising frequently and medicating. This way, you will be able to alkaline your body effectively, will regulate and maintain a healthy level of pH inside you.
I hope with this article above; you would be able to equip yourself with sufficient information on how to alkaline your body effectively and maintain an overall healthy lifestyle.