Many people are underestimating the importance of ensuring that their homes are properly humidified, especially during warm season. However, awareness is slowly increasing as more and more individuals are learning about how humidity – or the lack thereof – can lead to several health problems.
Conditions such as respiratory problems and skin irritation are often associated with the air being extremely dry. Some of the most common symptoms experienced by many in areas with very low humidity include dryness in the nasal passages, instances of nosebleed, chapped lips, and skin rashes. It has also been known to be one of the leading triggers of several types of allergies. Those who are suffering from asthma are also advised to make sure they live in an area that is properly humidified.
This is where the humidifiers come in. More specifically, whole house humidifiers. The question is, which one is the best whole house humidifier?
- What are the different in a whole house humidifier?
- Types of Whole House Humidifier
- Things to consider buying the best Whole House Humidifier
- Top 5 Best Whole House Humidifier Reviews
- How does it works?
- Benefits of Whole Home Humidifiers
- Why you need a humidifier
What are the different in a whole house humidifier?
A humidifier is a useful device that will put mist out into the air in a specific area. Using air conditioner can make the air in your room become extremely dry. In winter, the dry climate can also affect terribly on your health and body. A humidifier will be an effective solution to this problem.
A whole-house humidifier is a special type of humidifier that will maintain the level of moisture in your entire house probably. Even in a dry climate, the humidity of your house is still amazing. This type of humidifier will provide moisture for all corners in the house. Users will feel comfortable and healthy in the moist air.
Types of Whole House Humidifier
There are many types of whole-house humidifiers for customers to choose such as bypass, fan-powered and steam humidifiers. Each type has its pros and cons. Knowing basic information about every type will help you choose a suitable whole-house humidifier. This review will help you evaluate the quality of three famous types. Here is the information of those.
How it works
Before releasing the warm mist, this type of humidifier takes hot air directly from the furnace of your house. The hot air will absorb water to create warm mist.
The hot water will become vapor after going through a filter.
Customers can install this device on the supply or return plenum. If you do not have a drain, you can use the brainless model. This type of humidifier can save a considerable amount of water because it can recirculate its water.
- This device has an acceptable price.
- Customers can also decrease the water consumption if they use drains bypass humidifiers.
- Using this model can help them save a fair amount of money.
- It can send warm vapor to the air quickly.
- The operation of this device is pretty simple. Users can control it easily without any problem.
- The design of this product is unique and useful.
- This type of humidifiers also has some amazing features. Customers can get the most use out of it if this device works with its best efficiency. Following the instruction is a good way to use this machine effectively.
It has to be connected to a bypass duct, which is aesthetically unpleasing and unfortunately can eat up more space. Also, since it uses the blower motor of the furnace the humidity that it creates has to be redistributed back through the furnace and heat exchanger again and again in a continuous loop. Therefore, a notable amount of moisture and humidity is lost. In other words, it is less efficient than the power humidifier.
How it works
The operation of the fan-powered humidifier is pretty similar to a bypass humidifier. However, the special thing about this machine is that it uses the power of a fan to send mist into the air. The fan will help the water go through the filter faster. This process will create vapor quickly and effectively. A huge amount of mist will be released in a short period.
- This device can work with a higher efficiency than the bypass humidifier.
- It can create more vapors in a short time.
- The huge amount of mist will be put out into the air immediately.
- It can increase the percentage of humidity in the air quickly without any problem.
- Moreover, this product is also a space-saving design. It does not use bypass ductwork so the user can put it in smaller spaces. This will be a suitable option for customers who have a small house.
- Users can easily install it in a specific area in their houses.
- This device will not take up much place, and it also has high efficiency and capacity.
The one downside to a power humidifier is that it is much more expensive to repair than the bypass humidifier.
How it works
The operation of this humidifier is not complicated. The machine boils the water before sending it into the air in the form of steam. Using the ductwork, the system blower will provide moisture by sending steam through the vents of the house. This device can work individually even when the furnace is not operating.
- This type of humidifiers provides the most effective and fastest way to increase the level of moisture in the air. It can expel moisture quickly and effectively without any problem. Many customers feel happy with this function of the device.
- It can maintain the percentage of humidity in your house as needed.
- The steam that is released by this product is also the purest and the most natural form of moisture.
- The quality of the air in your house will be improved dramatically.
However, this is the most expensive humidifier among three devices.
Things to consider buying the best Whole House Humidifier
Selecting a System
Selecting a suitable system is extremely necessary to buy a best whole house humidifier. There are many types of humidifiers for customers to buy. The system of each type of humidifiers may have some significant differences.
Bypass humidifiers are cheaper than steam humidifiers. When users install the whole system of the product, the price is very important.
You can save a huge amount of money if you choose an appropriate system. Depending on the efficiency and the capacity, the price of humidifiers is also different.
Although the steam humidifiers are pretty expensive, it does not need as much maintenance as the bypass humidifiers. Considering all the factors carefully will help customers find their perfect systems.
Capacity and Compatibility
You should choose a suitable size of a whole-house humidifier. If you can buy the right size, your humidifier can work with its best performance.
For example, if your house is small but you choose a humidifier with an enormous size, it will be extremely wasteful.
Customers can get the most use out of it if they buy an appropriate size of the device. Knowing the accurate square footage of your house will be an effective way to help customers buy a perfect device for their houses. 12 gallons can provide moisture for a large area of 3000 square feet. If you are looking for a humidifier which just cover a single or baby room, please click here.
Selecting the furnace manufacturers that has compatible humidifiers is also very necessary. The humidifier can be easily installed. This process of most of the whole-house humidifiers will not affect the warranty of your furnace.
Customers need to know all the warranty information of the product and ask installation technician if they need advice or help.
The evaporation rate is also an important factor that you must consider while buying a whole-house humidifier. If the evaporation rate of the humidifier is high, the device can expel moisture faster.
The machine can raise the percentage of humidity in your house quickly in a short period. Customers can enjoy the moist air just after a short time using.
Many modern humidifiers are equipped with automatic humidistats. This thing is similar to the thermostat, and they both have the same function. Users can adjust the level of moisture in their houses easily and quickly.
They can choose the suitable mode of humidity whenever they want. The automatic humidistat also helps customers save a huge amount of money.
Instead of working with the maximum power all the time, users can choose the suitable mode. The machine can reduce its energy consumption. Moreover, it can also work effectively for a longer time if users use the humidistat correctly.
There are two common types of control features: manual and automatic. Depending on your money that you can pay for the humidifier and your personal preference, you can choose the suitable type. Each type of control features has its pros and cons. You must know this basic information before buying the humidifier for your house.
Regular maintenance is necessary for a whole-house humidifier. The device has to work for a long time with high efficiency. It can have some small problems while using so maintenance is really important.
The technology of the humidifier is amazing. Users will not do many complicated things for the maintenance of the device.
However, you have to make sure that you check your machine regularly. If you do this, you will not have to spend money unnecessarily. With evaporative humidifiers, users should replace the humidifier pad every year. With steam humidifiers, it is highly recommended to flush sediment in the water tank regularly.
The maintenance is very simple, but it will help increase the durability and age of the product.
Top 5 Best Whole House Humidifier Reviews
With those factors in mind, it is time to look into the top selling and most popular whole house humidifiers in the market today.
1. Essick Air MA1201
Essick is yet brand name that almost always tops the list of best humidifiers.
- Digital humidistat
- Auto shutoff function
- Humidifies up to 2,500 sq ft
- 12 gallons output daily
- Super Wick feature
- Multiple fan speeds and humidity level settings
- Accuracy of humidity levels is guaranteed, thanks to the built-in digital humidistat.
- The auto shut off function works when the tank is empty or when the desired humidity level has already been reached.
- It is very easy to clean.
- Filling is made even easier, since it comes with a detachable water bottle.
- It is very low-maintenance, especially for a whole house humidifier, since it does not have any pulleys or unnecessary wheels.
- The Super Wick does not only moisturize the air, it also traps unwanted particles and prevents deposits from forming.
- It says it can humidify up to 2,500 sq ft, but it can cover more than 3,000 sq ft.
- It is quite noisy, especially when set to High.
- There are some noticeable vibrations and rattling, especially when it is positioned wrongly.
- Some parts seem flimsy.
2. Aprilaire® 700 Whole-House Humidifier
If you want a product that has big capacity, the Aprilaire humidifier will be a good excellent. Customers can use it for a large area without any problem. This machine can work effectively in a big room. It will spread the mist widely.
- The capacity is amazing. This product will be a great choice for an enormous area.
- The efficiency is also high. It can provide a huge amount of mist in a short time. Customers will feel comfortable immediately.
- This device can prevent many diseases because it decreases the quantity of viruses and bacteria.
- Customers can easily see the percentage of moisture in the air. They can adjust it regularly and choose the mode that they want.
- The control features are very modern and convenient, but it is simple to use.
- This machine does not require complicated maintenance. You can do this job easily without any serious problem. However, it is highly recommended to clean the product regularly.
- This product can operate silently even when it is used with maximum power.
- This is a high-quality product that can last for ages if customers use it correctly.
This humidifier has a high price.
Although the price of this product is pretty high, the capacity an efficiency of the Aprilaire humidifier is amazing. Customers will not feel regret after buying this humidifier.COMPARE
3. Honeywell® QuietCare™ HCM-6009 Humidifier
If you want a product with multiple output settings, the Honeywell humidifier will be a great choice. The humidifier is also equipped with wheels so it can be easily transported.
- This humidifier uses QuietCare technology. Instead of using a console humidifier, you should choose this product. It hardly causes any noise while using. With the modern technology, this is one of the most silent machines.
- This device is equipped with wheels so customers can transport it easily. They can take it to another place or remove it without any problem.
- Users can choose their favorite level of moisture. This product can maintain the perfect percentage of humidity in your house.
- Controlling this product is also really easy. It has many great functions.
- The automatic shut-off will help customers use it safely. It can help the machine save energy and prevent accidents.
- This machine also has dual tanks, and these tanks are pretty big. Users can clean it and refill water easily.
- Using this humidifier is also very economical. The energy consumption of this product is even lower than an 80 watt light bulb.
- Customers can use it for 24 hours long per filling.
- The price of this product is acceptable.
The weight is pretty heavy.
Although this machine is pretty heavy, the operation of it is excellent. The Honeywell humidifier can work silently without any problem. Customers still can take this product to wherever they want because the machine has wheels.COMPARE
4. Essick Air® AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier
Aircare humidifier is a powerful machine. This machine is equipped with 9 fans. It will increase the level of moisture in your room immediately after short time using. This product can hold up a great amount of water.
- The capacity is pretty high. Customers can use it for a large house.
- Users can adjust the level of moisture. The display will show them the current percentage of humidity in the air. Users can change the percentage whenever they want without any problem.
- Customers can also control the machine easily.
- This device also has automatic shut-off so that users can know when the unit is empty. They can fix that simple problem and use the machine again. This can also help users save money. It will be safer to use this product.
- The machine has nine powerful motors. It can work with the maximum power easily. After a short time using, customers can enjoy the moist air in their houses.
- This is also a space-saving product. It will not take up much space in your house.
- This humidifier has an evaporative wick to remove all the impurities. It can improve the quality of the air.
- The weight is really heavy.
- It is pretty hard to remove or take this machine to another place.
Although this machine is really heavy, the capacity and power of it is awesome. This product also has pedestal style. The design of this humidifier is really convenient.COMPARE
5. Aprilaire 500® Whole-House Humidifier
If you want to buy a light product, the Aprilaire 500 humidifier will be a good option. The humidifier also has outdoor sensor and built-in bypass damper. Customers can use it safely and effectively without any problem.
- Although the size of this product is small, the capacity of it is extremely high. Many customers satisfy with this product.
- It has simple design and simple control features. It also looks very beautiful.
- Users can know the current percentage of humidity in their houses and choose the suitable mode. The digital control will help them adjust the level of moisture easily.
- The evaporative rate of this machine is also really awesome.
- If users follow the instruction probably, they can use this product safely and effectively for a long time.
The price is pretty high.
Although the size of this machine is small, the capacity and cover area of it is extremely great. This product has many amazing features that will impress you while using.COMPARE
|Aprilaire 700||Honeywell HCM-6009||AIRCARE EP9 800|
|20.5 x 21.5 x 14.5||16 x 11 x 18||23.1 x 15 x 17.5||18 x 18 x 27.2||16 x 10 x 13|
|Weight||13.5 pounds||15.8 pounds||19.9 pounds||27 pounds||7.3 pounds|
|Capacity||3.6 gallons||0.75 gallons per hour||3.4 gallons||3.5 gallons||0.5 gallons per hour|
|Area||3600 square||4200 square||1,900 square||2800 square||3000 square|
|Control||Adjustable humidity control||Digital control||Adjustable humidity control||Digital humidistat
Digital readout display
|Automatic digital control|
|Features||Refill and check filter indicator.
Casters for easy mobility.
4 fan speeds with auto mode.
Customizable humidity settings
|Necessary service||Multiple output settings
Dual water tanks
|9 fan speeds
An evaporative wick
Built-in bypass damper
An evaporative rate of 5 GPH
Aprilaire 500 humidifier will be the best choice for customers who love a product with light weight and high capacity. Comparing to other products, it does not have a low price, but it is not the most expensive product. The advantages of this device are amazing.
Considering all the factors carefully will help you buy a perfect humidifier. These products all have:
- Useful control features.
- Easy and safely to use.
Depending on the size of your house and your purpose, you can choose the suitable product. Each device has its pros and cons.
How does it works?
A whole-house humidifier is directly built into the heating or air conditioning systems of your house. It can only operate when the air conditioning system is working. This product can spread the mist widely in the air. Your room will be more humid quickly.
The water vapor from this device has many useful benefits. It can improve the quality of the air and increase the percentage of moisture in your house. This type of humidifier is equipped with a distribution tray.
Users do not have to refill the water because this machine will take it directly from the water supply of the house. This tray will add mist to the heating and air conditioning system. After this process, the water vapor will be released into the air. Your entire house will not be dry anymore.
Benefits of Whole Home Humidifiers
As opposed to the freestanding, portable humidifier, a whole house humidifier offers wider coverage, serving an entire house. This specific type is integrated into the blower system of the building’s furnace. More often than not, it is connected to the building’s plumbing system, drawing directly from the water supply in order for its humidifying function to work.
Here are some of the main benefits of a whole house humidifier:
- Wider coverage. If you have a large house with many rooms, you would probably require more than two or three portable humidifiers, just to ensure that the whole house gets the proper level of humidity. However, with this type of humidifier, you will require only one to serve the entire building.
- Infrequent maintenance. Once installed, you can pretty much ignore it. It requires a one-time setup only; there is no need to constantly check it or move it from place to place. In fact, except for cleaning it up once in a while, no maintenance is required for this type of humidifier. There isn’t even a need to fill and refill any reservoir, since it draws directly from the water source once it has already been installed.
- Health benefits. Humidifiers improve the overall air quality within the entire house and this, in turn, helps improve the health of the people living in that house. Some of the proven health benefits of whole house humidifiers include relief of sinusitis and other sinus problems and alleviation of several types of respiratory and skin allergies. Those who have a problem with excessive snoring are also said to have positive results in reducing their snoring when using humidifiers. Beautiful skin will also be maintained since it will be hydrated, thanks to the humidified environment.
- Home maintenance. By keeping the humidity levels at a normal rate, whole house humidifiers also prevent certain parts of the house from getting damaged. For example, severely dry air can cause wallpapers to peel and some wooden areas to crack. Wooden furniture, for instance, start to crack and chip away when the air becomes extremely dry. With the help of humidifiers, these would be protected and be made to last longer.
- Less expensive than portable humidifiers. Compared to portable humidifiers, whole house humidifiers are very inexpensive. Aside from the hefty sum paid for the purchase price, the cost of the blower will also figure into its costing. Whole house humidifiers, on the other hand, will be connected to the building’s furnace blower, so there is no longer a need to purchase one.
Why you need a humidifier
Dry air has many negative influences on customers and their houses. It will affect your health and your skin terribly. Living in a house with a low level of moisture will be unhealthy and uncomfortable. In winter, the air is extremely dry. A humidifier will be a perfect solution to this problem.
Your skin will not be smooth and beautiful if you stay in a low humidity area for a long time. Therefore, using a humidifier will be an effective way to protect your skin. This device can also prevent accelerated aging. Besides, the dry climate can also have a bad effect on your nose, sinus, and throat. This problem can lead to many consequences such as nosebleeds, dry sinuses or slurred voice. You will feel uncomfortable.
A humidifier can also shorten the healing time if you go down with the flu or a cold. Using this device will help you improve your physical condition. A whole-house humidifier will be a great selection because it can maintain the perfect percentage of moisture in your house.
Moreover, the dry air can also decrease the durability and age of your wood furniture. It can terribly damage the wood furniture. If you do not provide enough moisture for your house, the wood furniture will not be protected probably.
The whole-house humidifier can increase the moist level in the entire house. You will not feel regret after buying this device.
Moreover, buying a whole-house humidifier may be cheaper than buying a lot of portable humidifiers for every room. If you want to maintain the perfect level of moisture in your whole house, this type of machine will be an appropriate selection.
You can use this machine for a long time without any trouble. You have to make sure to check the product in case it has some problems. Customers can do this job easily if they know some useful tips.
It is highly recommended that users should clean the humidifier regularly. This process will remove all the dirt in the machine probably.
Moreover, it is also a good way to protect your health because the humidifier sends mist directly into the air in your house. However, customers do not have to worry much about the purity of the vapor because it is fresh and healthy. The humidifier can improve the quality of the air.
If you want to buy a best whole-house humidifier for your house, you must know the basic information of some famous products. After considering carefully, you can choose the device that is suitable for your house. The price, quality, features and durability are one of the most important factors that will affect your choice while choosing the humidifier. This Whole House Humidifier reviews will give you all the tips, pros, and cons of some product. Reading it can help you buy the suitable device without any problem.