Among all types of vacuum cleaners, a stick vacuum has its own advantages that you might want to consider. Specifically, when your house is covered with pet hair and dander, this vacuum is a great choice. Plus, the best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair would be so portable that you can easily carry around. Therefore, it is also good for you if you live in a small house.
So if you are looking for one of the best stick vacuum, read more for the reason why you should choose it and all of the most important features you need to consider in a vacuum.
Why Buy a Stick Vacuum?
There are several types of vacuum cleaners you can find on the market, which all have their own strength and weakness. And a stick vacuum is of no exception. The choices of which type of pet vacuum to buy depend greatly on your personal preference and your own need.
Why should you buy it? If you have a small house or apartment with little space for storage, you can think about a stick pet vacuum cleaner.
Moreover, since a stick vacuum can capture very fine particles, you should buy it if you want to get rid of pet hair and dander inside your house. It is super effective in term of picking up pet hair, dander, dust bunnies, and the bread crumbs.
Provided that you don’t like the rigid structure of an upright canister, you will love the versatility of a stick vacuum. You can change it into a handheld vacuum, which is super convenient if you want to vacuum the stairs in your house.
In addition, if you prefer a cordless type of vacuum, a stick vacuum is also a great choice for you. Most of the stick vacuum models on the market use battery. Hence, you can easily bring it to clean from room to room or from stairs to stairs without worrying about where to plug the unit.
Why you should not buy it? If you want a powerful vacuum cleaner with strong power suction and large capacity to use in a big house, a stick vacuum might not be a good choice. It is also not as effective if you want to capture a large piece or other materials such as sawdust and big pieces of paper. In case you want to deep vacuum your carpet, a full-sized vacuum cleaner is better.
Finally, a stick vacuum is suitable for a quick small job. If you want to clean just a single spot on the floor, it is much more convenient to bring in a small stick vacuum cleaner rather than a bigger one.
What are Important in Selecting a Stick Vacuum?
Size And Weight
Most of people looking for a stick vacuum for pet hair pay attention to the size of the vacuum first. In almost every models, the design is quite compact with long sticks and a head of no more than 10 inches long.
Also check for the weight of the stick vacuum cleaner as well. You can buy a product of stick vacuum that weighs no more than 3 pounds. On the other hand, you can also find a stick vacuum that weigh more than 10 pounds.
This system is responsible for capturing small dander and hair once they are sucked inside the vacuum cleaner. If one of your family members has any problem of breathing, you should consider purchasing a stick vacuum with HEPA filtration system. Because this system would help you to capture 99.9% of allergens and small particles on the air.
Just like other types of vacuum cleaners for pet hair on the market, you can find both cordless stick vacuums and corded stick vacuums. They all have their own pros and cons for your consideration.
***Cordless Stick Vacuum:
In case of cordless stick vacuum, it uses a rechargeable battery to run the motor. You might like this option since you don’t have to worry about where to plug your vacuum cleaner. Specifically, you don’t have to keep plugging and unplugging when you move from rooms to rooms.
In fact, a cordless stick vacuum is most suitable for a quick cleaning job. The reason is that most of them can run for about 10 to 30 minutes depending on how powerful you let it operate. In addition, you have to charge the battery prior to using. Thus, even if you want to use it for a quick job, you might have to wait for the vacuum to be charged.
There is an option of replaceable battery for you to choose from. Nevertheless, you might need to buy an additional pair of battery or replace the old one with the new one, which is quite expensive.
***Corded Stick Vacuum
If you want to go for a corded stick vacuum, you don’t have to worry about charging the battery prior to using it. Actually, this feature of a stick vacuum is also suitable for a small room. Besides, many people review that a corded stick vacuum cleaner tends to last longer than a cordless one.
However, since a stick vacuum cleaner is quite small, the cord that comes from this unit is not long either. Most of them are about 30 to 40 feet long. Literally, the more expensive and bigger stick vacuum cleaners will have longer cord than the cheaper and less expensive products.
We can convert some stick vacuum cleaners into an integrated and detachable handheld vacuum. This is extremely helpful when you want to clean a variety of surfaces and furniture.
And when you have 2 type of vacuums in one, it is quite cost effective as well.
Most of the stick vacuums for pet hair on the market come with a detachable bin which is responsible for collecting dirt and pet hair.
If you want to buy a stick vacuum that uses dirt compartment, you should check for how large the compartment is. The bigger the bag, the less frequently you have to change and empty the bag. However, the size of the stick vacuum is in direct proportion with the size of the bin. Therefore, the bag’s capacity and the size of the stick vacuum cleaner are 2 things you need to consider.
Furthermore, you need to see how easy it is for you to empty the dust bin from the stick vacuum cleaner. Most of them have a button on the bin that you can press to get rid of the dirt. On the other hand, you might need to do more actions in order to take the bin out and clean it in some models of stick vacuum cleaner.
Finally, you need to check for the additional attachments that come along with a stick vacuum cleaner package. Additional attachments can help the vacuum to adapt to different types of jobs for different types of floors.
The most popular and useful attachment which you need to have when buying a stick vacuum cleaner include a crevice tool and a dusting brush for upholstery. Besides, these attachments help your household equipment as well as the furniture inside your car.
Actually, you should choose the attachments that you really need for your house. For example, if there is no hardwood inside your house; you might not need to have a tool to vacuum on this type of floor.
The number of attachments also depends on the space that you have for storage. More additional brushes and tools means more space, which you might not be able to spare in your tiny house.
Top 3 Best Stick Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews
1. Shark Rocket TruePet HV382 Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner is equipped with the Never lose suction technology from Shard with a powerful motor, DUO Clean technology, and TRIPLE PARTICLE cleaning. It features TruePet Motorized Brush, dusting brush, duster crevice, and Extendable Under Appliance Wand. It weighs 4.6 lbs with 30-foot power cord.
- Among all other models of stick vacuum cleaners, this one has great power suction with the ability to clean deep carpets and floors effectively.
- The package comes with a lot of tools and accessories for you to use according to the types of surface and how far you need to reach. There are 6 different head tools including one for pet hair and dander, upholstery, and tight corners.
- It comes with swivel steering, so that you can move this stick vacuum cleaner around easily.
- It is quite heavier than other models of stick vacuum cleaner on the market.
- With a lot of accessories, it might take up a lot of space in your house.
- It is also more expensive in comparison with other stick vacuums.
2. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
This is a type of cordless stick vacuum that use battery of up to 40 minutes with powerful suction. If you use the motorized floor tool, it can run for up to 25 minutes. It uses the HEPA filtration system with the Dyson digital motor V8. There is the additional soft roller cleaner head. And it weighs 5.8 pounds.
- With the direct drive cleaner head, this unit could be able to dig deeper into the carpet for much effective cleaning. This stick vacuum cleaner also works effectively on various types of floors such as carpet and hard floors.
- There is not any cord. Thus, you don’t have to worry about cleaning in the place where there is no power outlet or reaching for a far distance.
- You can easily transform the unit into a handheld vacuum for cleaning on the stairs and higher places.
- With the HEPA filtration, this one is suitable to use in the house where there are some people suffering from asthmas, allergies, and respiratory problems.
- You need to recharge this stick vacuum cleaner a minimum of 4 house prior to when you intend to use it.
- When you change the setting to max power, it would be able to run for only 7 minutes. Actually, itis quite short in comparison with other cordless stick vacuum cleaners.
3. Hoover Linx Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This Hover vacuum cleaner comes with a 20-foot power cord. It is equipped with powered brush roll with cyclonic technology for better suction power. It features recline handle, edge cleaning bristle and non-marring wheels, and swivel steering steels.
- Thanks to its accessories, we can deep clean and capture pet hair from upholstery as well as the further reach places with it.
- It has a powerful and effective integrated dual brush roll system in one single head. This system effectively captures even the smallest and finest particles on the floor or along the edges.
- This unit is also very durable. With a regular usage, it can last for so many years.
- The cord of this vacuum cleaner is quite short, which we might not use it in a large room.
A stick vacuum cleaner is a great option for a quick job. Thanks to its popularity, there are many models and brands of stick vacuum cleaners for you to choose from. No matter what your requirements are, you would surely find one that fits all of your needs easily.
I hope that with the information I provided above, you would have useful knowledge about vacuum cleaner. As long as you spend time and effort researching, I am sure that you would finally have the best stick vacuum for pet hair. Then, you can keep your house free of pet hair and dander with that vacuum cleaner.