Parents must take good care of their children. The immunity of a baby is still really weak. Therefore, parents should protect their babies’ health fully and probably. Buying the best humidifier for baby is also an effective way to help the children stay healthy and grow up quickly. Customers must pay attention to the information of the product probably because it can affect a baby’s health.
This article will be a reliable guide for parents who want to buy a best humidifier for their babies.
- What is a Baby Humidifier?
- Features of the best Baby Humidifier
- Top 8 Best Humidifier for Baby Reviews 2016
- FAQs and Tips
- Final Thoughts
What is a Baby Humidifier?
A humidifier is a useful device that can expel moisture into the air. It will maintain the perfect percentage of humidity in a specific area. This device has many great benefits for baby. It can protect the smooth skin and the incomplete immune system of the baby.
During winter, parents will not have to worry about the dry climate. The dry air cannot have a bad influence on their children if they install a humidifier at home. The humidifier for the baby is pretty similar to the normal type of humidifiers.
However, it can have some special features for baby. The manufacturers also have many strict requirements for this type of product. Sometimes, they produce a special version of humidifiers that is designed for baby.
A humidifier for baby is usually a portable device. It is easily transported so parents can take them to everywhere to provide moisture for their children. This type of humidifiers is different from a whole-house humidifier. This device has a lower capacity than the whole-house humidifier.
Customers often use it in a single room where the baby lives.
They can also use it in a car when they go out. Their children will always be protected. This product will prevent the loss of water effectively.
Parents do not have to worry about the health problems related to dry air.
There are many types of humidifiers for baby: Evaporative humidifiers, Impeller humidifiers, Cool mist humidifiers, Warm mist humidifiers, Central whole-house system and Ultrasonic humidifiers.
Customers will have a wide range of options. They can easily choose their favorite one. Knowing the features, pros and cons of all the common types can help parents buy an appropriate device for their babies.
- Cool-mist humidifiers
- Warm-mist humidifiers
- Central whole-house system
- Ultrasonic humidifiers
- A wick purifies the water so that the mist in the air is fresh and clean. It also improves the quality of the air.
- This product can work effectively for a long time.
- The price is affordable so customers can easily buy it in the traditional market.
- Customers cannot adjust the level of moisture in the room. They cannot choose the suitable percentage of humidity regularly. When the machine sends too much mist to the air, it can have a bad effect on their children.
- This product causes some disturbing noise while using. However, parents do not want any sound that can affect the sleep of their babies. This humidifier may not be a suitable product for the baby because of its disadvantages.
Diffusers will transform droplets into vapors. After this process, this machine can increase the moisture in the room.
- This humidifier has the on and off switch. This control features help customers use it easily without any problem.
- This device produces cool mist, and it does not have any heating element. Using this machine is safe. It will hardly cause accidents with children.
- This product also has the high efficiency and light weight. Users can easily carry it to wherever they want.
- This device can operate silently so it will not affect babies even when they sleep.
- This humidifier does not have filters. It cannot remove all the dirt and bacteria from the water. If the water is not clean, babies can go down with some diseases.
- If parents use regular tap water instead of distilled water for this device, it will have a bad influence on their children’s health. The mist from the machine can include dust, viruses, and bacteria if customers do not use distilled water.
- Due to some drawbacks of this product, the impeller humidifier may not be an excellent choice for baby.
A cool-mist humidifier is a popular type of humidifier that provides cool moisture. This machine uses a fan to release mist into the air immediately. It usually uses two types of technology: ultrasonic and evaporative.
The water goes through a wick filter before being converted into mist in the air. Customers will have two options while buying the cool-mist humidifier.
- It is safe to use this device because it does not have heating elements.
- Using this humidifier is economical. This machine consumes a small amount of electricity so customers can save a lot of money. The running cost of this product is low.
- This device has a great capacity and efficiency. Customers can use it for a large area. Babies can play in the big room, and they are still protected probably.
- This machine just requires simple maintenance.
- Customers cannot use it in cold weather.
- This product can cause some noise while using because it has a fan. However, an ultrasonic humidifier will be an effective solution to this problem.
- Users have to replace the filter regularly.
- The cool-mist humidifier is also a great product for kids. However, parents must choose a suitable model that can work silently.
A vaporizer is a common version of warm-mist humidifiers. This machine will boil the water before putting it out into the air. This process will transform the water into steam. This device can provide both heat and moisture.
- This humidifier is a great choice for winter.
- This machine hardly causes noise while using.
- Customers can control this product easily with an on and off switch.
- The heating elements will boil the water quickly. This process will kill all the germs, bacteria and viruses because they cannot survive in hot temperature.
- Users will feel warm and comfortable. The temperature and moisture level are perfect.
- The heating elements are extremely dangerous for kids. They can cause serious accidents such as burns or fire. Many parents worry about this problem of the warm-mist humidifier.
- The price of this device is higher than a cool-mist humidifier.
- The running cost is also higher than the cool-miss humidifier because the energy consumption of this machine is higher.
- Children will be hurt if they touch or get too close to this product. It is dangerous for kids to use this machine.
- Although it has some great features, the danger of the heating elements makes this product unsuitable for a baby.
A central whole-house system is built into the air conditioning or heating system in your house. This device is not similar to a humidifier for a single room because the entire house will be humidified. The water in a distribution tray of this product is directly taken from the water supply of the house.
- This is one of the best humidifiers for baby.
- This device has the amazing capacity and efficiency. Comparing to other types of the humidifier, the central whole-house system has the highest capacity.
- Customers can use this product for the whole house. Babies can play in every room and parents will not have to worry about the dry air. This device will maintain the perfect level of humidity in your house all the time.
- Buying the whole house system can save more money than buying a lot of portable humidifiers for every room of the house. The running cost will be much cheaper.
- This is the central whole house system so that this device will be installed on the wall in the heating or air conditioning system. It will not take up any space on the ground. This space-saving design is extremely useful.
- This device is far away from kids, so it is safe to use. It does not affect kids when they are playing or running.
- This machine has many types of humidifiers for customers to choose. It has both cool mist and warm mist humidifiers. The warm mist humidifiers in the whole house system will do not harm to the children because they are put on the wall.
- The installation of this device is pretty complicated. Customers will need to ask a technician for help. The technician will help them install this machine correctly.
- The price of this product is pretty high.
An ultrasonic humidifier is also a type of cool-mist humidifier.
However, it uses ultrasonic technology to work instead of using a fan like normal cool-mist humidifiers.
This device uses sound waves to transform the water into vapors immediately.
- This product does not have a fan so it can operate silently. If you want to choose a cool-mist humidifier that hardly causes noise while using, this will be a suitable choice. Parents can use it in their children’s bedroom. Kids will feel comfortable while sleeping.
- This device can operate efficiently for a long time.
- If customers choose an appropriate size of the ultrasonic humidifier, they will not have to worry about the capacity of this device.
- This humidifier uses a useful cartridge instead of filters. Although it requires regular cleaning, it will help this machine produce clean mist.
- This is one of the most suitable humidifiers for babies. Many customers love this product.
- The price is pretty high.
- This device requires regular maintenance.
Warm Mist vs Cool Mist / Ultrasonic vs Central Whole-House
|Have heating elements||Do not have heating elements|
|Can cause some accidents such as burns, fire.||Hardly cause any accident|
|Dangerous for kids||Safe for kids|
|More expensive||Have an amazing price|
|The running cost is higher||Consume less energy so the running cost is lower|
|Operate silently||The evaporative version can cause some noise while using. However the ultrasonic version can work silently.|
|Suitable for winter||Suitable for summer|
- The cool-mist and warm-mist humidifiers all require regular maintenance and cleaning. Depending on the type of humidifiers, the operation is different.
- The warm-mist humidifiers will not be a great selection because of the risk to the children’s health. The cool-mist humidifiers will be the best humidifier for baby. This type of humidifiers is safer to use. Many parents buy a cool-mist humidifier for their babies instead of a warm-mist humidifier.
Central whole-house system
|Less expensive||The price is really high|
|Easily installed||Difficult to install the entire system|
|Used for a single room or small areas||Used for the whole house|
|Have a great capacity||Have a higher capacity|
|Can take up a little space on the ground||Space-saving design because this device is installed on a wall|
|Easily transport||Hard to remove|
Although these two types use different technology to operate, they both can operate silently. They are one of the best products for babies. Customers can also use these humidifiers safely. These devices will do not harm to the children’s health.
However, the price of the whole house system is extremely high. The installation of this device may require extra cost.
On the whole, the ultrasonic humidifier will be the most suitable product for baby. It has many amazing advantages. This device also has an acceptable price. Parents will not feel regret after buying this product for their children.
Features of the best Baby Humidifier
A quiet humidifier will not affect the quality of sleep. Baby needs to sleep a lot in a day.
Choosing a humidifier that can cause noise while using may not be a great choice.
Kids will feel uncomfortable and unhappy because of the annoying noise. Parents should choose a humidifier that can operate silently such as ultrasonic humidifiers for their babies.
The auto shutoff is an amazing feature of humidifiers.
Customers can use the device safely if they follow the instruction probably. This feature also helps users save a lot of money. The machine will stop working if the water runs out.
Working without water can decrease the durability and efficiency of the humidifier. Using the device that has this feature will not be dangerous for kids.
A humidistat is a useful control feature. It helps customers control the humidifier easily.
Moreover, users can adjust the percentage of moisture in the air regularly. They can choose the perfect level of humidity for their kids. This feature can also help them save a large amount of money.
Using the suitable mode will help the machine consume less energy. Using the product that has this feature can maintain the suitable percentage of moisture all the time.
Easy to clean and refill
Most types of humidifiers require regular cleaning. If parents do not often clean the humidifier, the machine can affect the health of their kids. The water may include dust, impurities.
Users should also refill the water tank regularly. It will affect the durability and efficiency of the product if the machine keeps working without water.
Most types of humidifiers are easy to clean and refill. Choosing a product that is easy to clean and refill will be a good choice because users have to do it regularly.
Customers must not forget to do it.
Bacteria and viruses can cause a lot of diseases. Your baby can go down with some diseases if a humidifier does not have antibacterial features. These features are necessary.
Using a product that has these features can protect the health of your children.
Moreover, these features can also improve the quality of water and the air. The clean and moist air has many benefits for children.
A humidifier that has these features will be a suitable option for kids.
Safety features are one of the most important features of a humidifier. Customers should not choose a product that can cause accidents.
The useful safety features can prevent a lot of accidents with kids. Parents must choose the product carefully so that it will do not harm to their children’s health.
Users must choose the device that is safe to use.
The device must be equipped with a lot of safety features.
If you use a large size humidifier for a small area, it will be wasteful.
A big size humidifier can consume a lot of energy and electricity. Buying a right size can help customers save a lot of money. Moreover, the device can operate at its best efficiency.
Customers should choose the device with an affordable and acceptable price.
There are many types of humidifiers with different prices. Parents can easily buy a humidifier with a good price for their kids.
However, the filters also required regular cleaning and maintenance. Customers should choose the product that has replaceable filters.
When the filters have any problem, users can easily replace it. This process can protect the health of children.
Top 8 Best Humidifier for Baby Reviews 2016
1. Pure Enrichment® Ultrasonic Cool-mist Humidifier
The operation of this humidifier is awesome. The machine hardly causes sound while working. Customers can use the light of the product whenever they want.
- This product can operate silently. It will not affect the sleep of your baby.
- Customers can use it for a long time. This device will maintain the perfect level of moisture for your baby.
- This humidifier also has an automatic shut-off. It will help customers use it This feature can also help the machine reduce the energy consumption.
- The efficiency of this product is awesome.
- This device is safe to use because it does not have heating elements.
- The capacity is great. Customers can use it for many rooms with different size.
- Customers can choose night light so that their babies will feel comfortable at night.
- This humidifier is easily transported.
- The price of this device is high.
Although the Pure Enrichment humidifier is an expensive product, it has many great features. Moreover, the weight of this machine is really light. Customers can carry it easily. The capacity of this product is also amazing.
2. Honeywell HCM-350 Germ-Free
Honeywell has proven to be one of the most recognized names when it comes to humidifiers.
- Large, 2-gallon tank
- Ideal for medium-sized rooms
- Self-regulating Evaporative System
- 3-year limited warranty
- Its patented UV technology claims to be able to kill 99.9% of germs, bacteria, mold and fungus.
- It operates quietly.
- It comes with an antimicrobial-treated filter
- It automatically adjusts its output to the air moisture required.
- It is one of the mid-priced humidifiers out there.
- The filter – which is a bit costly – needs to be replaced every couple of months or so.
- It requires frequent cleaning because it tends to suck dust.
- Its frame is quite bulky.
3. Vicks® Warm Mist (with Medicine Cup)
Customers can easily choose the mode that they want because Vicks humidifier has 2 comfort settings. If your room is big, you can still use this product without any problem
- Customers can use it for long hours, so it is convenient to use this product.
- The capacity of this device is awesome. It can work efficiently for a long time.
- The automatic shut-off will increase the durability and efficiency of this device.
- This product is equipped with a nightlight. Parents can use it overnight for their kids.
- This humidifier also has two settings. Customers can choose the mode that they like. They can adjust the level of humidity easily.
- Medicine cups are great features of this product. It will help the humidifier produce a medicated vapor. This thing will have many good benefits for baby.
- This device is pretty expensive.
- It is heavy.
Although this product is not light, its capacity is amazing. It is also equipped with medicine cups. These cups have many benefits. Using medicine cups will shorten the healing time of the baby. It will increase the therapeutic value of this product.
4. Crane Drop Shape
The Drop Shape humidifier is even suitable for big room of 250 square feet. If you have a big room, this machine will still do a good job. Customers will not have to refill the water tank many times because this machine can work for a day without any problem.
- The capacity of this product is amazing.
- This device can work for a day without any problem. Children will be protected all day long.
- This machine can spread the mist widely with the 360-degree nozzle. The level of humidity in the room will be improved immediately.
- The safety features of this humidifier are also really great. Customers can use it safely for their kids.
- The efficiency of this device is also high so customers will not have to worry about it.
- It has an acceptable price
- It is pretty heavy.
- The price is expensive.
Although the price of this product is really high, this humidifier will increase the level of moisture immediately with the 360 mist nozzle. It will spread the mist widely after short time using.
5. Honeywell HUL520 Mistmate Cool-Mist
Using this product is really safe. 90% of the humidifier is plastic. However, customers can use it effectively for a long time if they follow the instruction correctly. If you have big room, this humidifier may not be the most suitable choice.
- This humidifier has an affordable price.
- This product can operate for a long time. Babies can enjoy the moist air for 20 hours per filling. The dry air cannot terribly affect their health.
- Customers can take it wherever they like.
- This device also has auto shut-off when the water is empty. The machine will not have to operate without water. It can work with its best efficiency.
It is suitable for only small rooms. If your baby’s room is big, this product will not be a perfect choice.
Although the cover area and capacity of this product is not really impressive, its price is very good. Customers can also use it for a long time after filling the water tank. Buying this product is still a good decision.
6. Crane Adorable
Crane’s “Adorables” series of ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers comes in various colors and shapes, such as Owl, Dragon, Penguin, Pig, Frog, gator, Monkey, Dog, Polar Bear, and even a Hello Kitty. It is perfect for children and infants, and can humidify a small room up to 300 sq ft.
- Cool mist humidifier
- Control Knob to adjust mist output intensity
- Covers up to 250 sq ft
- 1 gallon daily output
- 1 gallon output per 24 hours
- Auto shutoff safety sensor
- It does not require a filter in order to operate.
- Ideal for clearing nasal congestions and relief of cough and flu symptoms.
- It is very easy to fill.
- They look adorable, perfect for kids.
- It is one of the cheaper models.
- Leaks seem almost inevitable, especially when the Control Knob is not set properly.
- It requires daily cleaning to prevent formation of mold.
7. Optimus U-31001
A humidifier does not have to contain a lot of “trappings” and fancy add-ons in order to perform well. The Optimus U-31001 is proof that even the basic models with simple designs can perform very well.
- Cool mist humidifier
- 5 gallon output in 18 hours
- Removable transparent tank with 1.1 gallon capacity
- Adjustable mist control
- Auto shut off function
- One year warranty
- Night light function
- It automatically shuts off when the tank is empty, and a light comes on to warn that it needs to be refilled.
- It boasts an ultra-quiet operation.
- The transparent tank clearly shows water content status. It also comes with a handle for easy removal.
- The mist can be easily controlled.
- It is quite hard to clean since the water tank cannot be opened.
8. Air-O-Swiss AOS S450
Those who are willing to spend great money on a humidifier also have a lot of very good options to choose from, and Air-O-Swiss has a number of models that will fit the bill quite nicely. The AOS S450 utilizes a steam humidifier system, heating water to increase the air’s humidity levels.
- Steam humidifier system
- Clear Mist technology
- Digital Display
- Auto light dimmer
- Auto Cleaning mode
- Humidifies up to 860 sq ft
- Scented humidification
- 3 years limited warranty
- Since it makes use of steam, water is heated up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit, effectively eliminating mineral formation and deposits.
- The Clear Mist technology ensures that mist, not spray, is produced, and at the right temperature. Thus, it is safe to be used around children.
- Auto cleaning mode makes it easy to maintain.
- Night lights are appreciated in most humidifiers, but this unit also comes with an auto light dimmer, making it more energy efficient.
- It allows scented humidification, where essential oils can be added into the fragrance container.
- Its humidifying coverage is limited, up to 860 sq ft only.
- It can be quite loud and noisy.
Depending on the pros and cons of all products, customers can choose the most suitable humidifier for their babies. Each product has its special features.
Moreover, they are all equipped with great control and safety features. Parents will not have to worry about it. They can use them for their kids when the air is dry.
On the whole, the Pure Enrichment Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a perfect choice for kids.
It can work for long hours without any problem. This is the lightest device so parents can take them to wherever they want.
Buying this product will be a lucid decision.
FAQs and Tips
With warm-mist humidifier, salt makes water boil at a higher temperature. It can cause serious accidents for your kids.
Parents must make sure that they will not put salt into the machine. Your kids will be protected probably if you follow the instruction.
Although, the cool-mist humidifier is not suitable for winter, it is safer to use this type of humidifier.
The cool-mist humidifier does not have heating elements like the warm-mist humidifier. It will not cause accidents such as burns or fire. Children can even get really close to it without any problem.
Moreover, it will be safer for them if they do not get close to the humidifier.
Choosing the right place for the humidifier will be a great idea for customers who have kids and pets at home.
Choosing a suitable humidifier for baby is really important. There are many important factors that will affect your choice while buying a humidifier for your baby such as the size, quality or great function of the product.
The safety features are one of the most necessary parts that the best humidifier for baby must have. Knowing all the tips and basic information will help parents choose an appropriate device for their kids.
This article will give you all the useful tips so that you can choose the product easily.